Painting Bare Fiberglass Hulls
BOAT HULL PREPARATION
1) Scrub the surface thoroughly using Hull Cleaner and water and a stiff brush. Flush with fresh water to remove soap residue. Allow surface to dry.
2) Dampen cheesecloth with Dewaxer. Wipe thoroughly to remove all surface contamination and cleaners. Wipe off with a clean, dry rag before liquid dries. Wipe only a few feet at a time.
3) Lightly spray the surface with water to insure all contamination has been removed. If water beads up or separates, wax is still present. Repeat until water no longer beads. At this point all mold release agents, wax and other contaminants should have been removed.
4) Apply 1-2 coats of Bottom Protect Sealer. Sand with 80 grit. Wash with Dewaxer. Apply 4-5 coats of Bottom Protect Primer.
5) Apply at least 2-3 coats minimum of antifouling paint.
Products Hull Cleaner Dewaxer Antifouling Paint